Performing Arts Studio
PRIVATE VOICE LESSONS
Kaleidoscope offers Private Voice Lessons in 30 minute, 45 minute, or 1 hour sessions.
- Registration is now closed for 2020-2021. Registration for Fall 2021 will open in May 2021.
All private training is focused on the goal of having a singer produce a free sound without constriction and on building healthy vocal habits. Attention to posture and body alignment will be emphasized. Students are guided based on their own unique strengths and weaknesses as assessed by the instructor. Private voice lessons begin by addressing breath placement, resonance and diction. Technique levels build upon each individual’s acquired foundation and develop more refined and nuanced vocal skills. Depending on each individual student’s ability and potential, explorations will include increased breath control, expanded vocal range, purity in vowels, projection, vocal dynamics and techniques for singing a variety of musical genres. Individual assessments help establish vocal range and reinforce a healthy voice and breath management.
How To Register:
- Use the Voice Lessons Scheduler to choose your desired class length (30 minutes, 45 minutes, 60 minutes) – 45 minute and 60 minute lessons are reserved for students ages 12
- Click the scheduling link for your desired Voice instructor.
- Choose your desired day of the week for classes. You will only be provided options for the first week of classes, September 14-18, 2020.
- Choose your desired class time. Please note that this is only a request, and not a guarantee. Lesson times could shift 15-30 minutes in either direction to fill in any gaps in the schedule. We will do our best to accommodate all requests. Please plan for this if your schedule is not flexible. You will be asked later on in the check-out process to list any alternate times that may work for you.
- Complete the required contact information.
- You will receive an automatic confirmation of receipt of your requested lesson time. We will do our best to accommodate all requests.
- Kaleidoscope will review and process all requests. Processing could take up to 5 business days. Once a Kaleidoscope staff member has confirmed your lesson time, a private link to complete your registration will be provided. To hold your lesson time, registration must be completed within 48 hours. After that time, your requested timeslot will be released.
- Note: Registration is currently closed for 2020-2021 and will re-open in Spring of 2021 for classes beginning September 2021.
Performing Arts Studio
Victoria, BC, V8N 6J1
We acknowledge with respect the Lekwungen peoples on whose traditional territory Kaleidoscope works and the Songhees, Esquimalt and WSÁNEĆ peoples whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day.