Update on Voice Lessons with Anna Shill
Updated March 27, 2020
The message below was sent to all current voice students by email on March 27, 2020. An Update regarding Group Classes was sent March 30, 2020.
Here at Kaleidoscope Theatre for Young People, we know that you – as members of our theatre family – will have questions and concerns about our plans for your weekly private voice lessons at Kaleidoscope’s Performing Arts Studio.
The impact of COVID-19 is affecting all of us in both immediate and profound ways. We are all following the news and working hard to adjust and make good choices, based on the constantly evolving events.
We are very excited to announce that our voice lessons will continue and will be moving to an online platform starting next week!
Online voice lessons are a common practise in our industry around the world and we have spent the last two weeks preparing and training for this new method of instruction. We have turned to several of our colleagues who have exclusively taught online for many years for guidance and instruction and we look forward to continuing to work with you on your vocal training.
Below you will find a few instructions and frequently asked questions you may have to best prepare for your lessons next week:
Will we keep the same schedule? Yes. Classes will continue as scheduled at their usual times.
Can I bring new repertoire to my lessons? Yes! Always feel free to bring anything you would like to work on to your lessons. You can send Anna digital sheet music in advance by email.
When do lessons start? Lessons will resume as scheduled on Monday, March 30.
What do I need to connect with Anna online? All voice lessons will be held over Zoom. Zoom is an online meeting platform that is free for you to use. You will need to download the app to your device prior to the start of your lesson.
How do we start my lesson? Open the Zoom App on your device and click Join Meeting. Type in Anna’s Zoom ID Number and you will enter a digital Waiting Room. Anna will admit you from the waiting room when she is ready. Be sure to enable video and audio! Anna’s Zoom ID was emailed to all voice students on March 26, 2020. Please check your email or contact Anna if you did not receive this.
How do I download Zoom? To download and install the Zoom Application: Go to https://zoom.us/downloadand from the Download Center, click on the Download button under “Zoom Client For Meetings”.
What should I have with me before I log into Zoom?
- Your Music
- If you have not sent Anna your music, or she does not have the sheet music, come with a Backing Track that you feel works well. You will need to play the backing track from your end.
- Headphones are encouraged.
- A mic – only if you have one! It really does help. (iPhone earbuds with built in Mic work well too)
- A set-up that enables Anna to see you from the hips up. No sitting! Find a place in your home to prop up your device so you can comfortably stand and so that Anna can see you.
Do you have any tips of tricks to make the most of my online lesson?
- Make sure your internet isn’t too taxed. See if you can ask your family not to be online or streaming while we are having a lesson. Systems are easily overwhelmed right now with everyone online. This often leads to Zoom calls freezing or appearing choppy and blurry.
- Patience! It’s a little different but there are lots of things that will remain the same and some new things we can do to enhance your practice and progress.
- A quiet space. Pick a place in your house that doesn’t have a lot of background noise and potentially good acoustics for your end.
We look forward to continuing your vocal training online until our Studios are able to re-open.
We thank you for your patience, understanding, and trust as we go through this new online learning process.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to Anna by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by direct office line at 250.800-9827.
You can text or call me on the number above at any time, especially if you are having trouble logging in prior to your lesson. Please only use the above number to text or call Anna in regards to Voice Lessons.
Email and Phone volume is currently higher that usual, so we thank you in advance for your patience as our staff respond to your inquiries.
Thank you for being a part of the Kaleidoscope Family and We look forward to seeing you soon.
PLAYS & EVENTS
We acknowledge with respect the Lekwungen peoples on whose traditional territory Kaleidoscope works and the Songhees, Esquimalt and WSÁNEĆ peoples whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day.