That Kaleidoscope Theatre will be among North America’s most respected professional theatre companies producing unique and relevant Theatre for Young Audiences; and will be recognized as a leader in young actor training in Western Canada. We will honour the vision of our founders and their commitment to creative growth and innovation.
To create original, innovative, and relevant theatre experiences that stimulate and inspire young people to think critically about the world around them, and to engage in constructive and creative self-expression.
• To produce innovative, high-quality theatre experiences for young people and their families principally in the Greater Victoria area.
• To explore the art form of theatre through the development and presentation of new works.
• To produce and present theatre that reinterprets the classics, explores our history, and explores current social issues.
• To provide outreach through theatre-based educational activities for the Greater Victoria community including classes, workshops, and camps.
• To produce works which provide young artists the opportunity to be mentored by theatre professionals in both performance and technical support roles.
• To provide high-quality professional touring productions for young people throughout British Columbia, across Canada, and around the world.
Kaleidoscope Theatre is dedicated to these core values:
• To create innovative theatre that is challenging and exciting, honours the imagination of young people, and encapsulates ideas and stories which will resonate in children’s minds and hearts.
• A commitment to superior artistic values and professional production standards
• To strive for excellence in all that we undertake
• To provide mentorship opportunities for young artists (actors, technical crew, designers, playwrights).
• Providing accessible and affordable productions, programs, and services that benefit children and their families